Mold Imprint Tips
Using the Imprint Kit:
The clay can be reused if you need to retake your pet's paw imprint.
- Reroll it into a ball, and role the clay into the template to get a better imprint.
- Seal your clay in an air-tight package if you wait to retake a paw imprint. It will dry out with air contact.
Tips for Taking Your Pet's Paw Imprint:
- Combine the clay packets in your Pawprints Jewelry Clay Imprint Kit using the wooden dowel in your kit.
- Allow for approx. 1" depth
- Set clay on a a paper towel and then a firm surface (i.e. floor) Do not press clay into paw with just your hand.
- Center paw and evenly press animal's paw firmly into clay
- Be sure to press firmly enough so back pad of paw is also imprinted. Press perpendicular across the top of the paw vs front to back or back to front. This will help to get a balanced imprint.
If pressing firmly isn't working very well, here's another trick as shown in our How to Take a Great Paw Print Tutorial video
- Set clay on paper towel then on the floo.
- Place the paw you are taking imprint with on the rolled out clay. Then lift the opposite paw. This works well for larger dogs. You may need to press on the top of the paw for smaller (ligher) dogs or cats.
- This will naturally force the weight of your pet onto the "impression" paw.
The clay imprint mold will be returned to you with your finished custom paw print jewelry as a bonus keepsake!
Enjoy the experience of taking your pet's paw imprint knowing you will soon receive a one-of-a-kind Companion Keepsake.